EXPERIENCE THE DOURO
What do you have in mind when it comes to Portugal? Spectacular cliffs, the taste of port wine or melancholic fado? Everything's right. From 2019 on a new puzzle piece will be added: Our new A-ROSA vessel. Come aboard, discover the beauty of the Douro and have a look directly into the soul of Portugal! The port of departure and destination of our trips on the Douro is Porto. So you have plenty of opportunities to stroll through the beautiful old town, enjoy the view from Portugal's highest church tower or enjoy one of the 365 Bacalhau dishes, Portugal's favourite dried fish. And don't miss out on a trip to Salamanca in Spain, which is an UNESCO World Heritage City with its university from the 13th century.
A mesmerising city carved in granite: in Porto you’ll find new, exciting perspectives at every turn – whether you’re beside the steadily flowing Douro, with its six different bridges, or in the lively city quarters of this northern Portuguese metropolis. As well as the imposing buildings of light-coloured granite, the symbols of Portugal’s second-largest city include gleaming azulejo tiles adorning church walls and townhouses, which look particularly handsome when it isn’t raining. You’ll need to be in good shape here – Porto is very hilly! But it’s worth the effort, because Porto – whose old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site – is pure poetry.
The little town of Pinhão is located in the famous port wine region, in the area where the Douro and its surrounding landscape are at their most picturesque. It is surrounded by enchanting vineyards and the quintas that produce the wine. You can visit them from Pinhão and enjoy tours and wine tasting. To get there, you can either follow walking trails with glorious views or take a boat that also ferries visitors to interesting stretches of the river. One of the best-known walking trails takes you from the Douro bridge up seven kilometres of the hilly Rua Praça de Oliveira as far as the Casal de Loivos viewing point.
This provincial capital situated at about 800 metres on the banks of the Río Tormes, is in a league of its own. It has one of the most beautiful central squares (Plaza Mayor) and one of the oldest universities in Spain (13th century). The latter gives Salamanca a lively student scene. This city has always been popular – the Romans and the Moors certainly liked it here. In 1085, King Alfonso VI returned it to Spanish rule during the reconquest of Islamic Spain. The old town, with its variety of architectural monuments, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city’s Holy Week processions have a long tradition and are very popular.
Carriage: by air
Flight tickets from/to Vienna are already included in price. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information or demand.
|4||Barca D´Alva (Salamanca)||14:00||-|
|5||Barca D´Alva (Salamanca)||-||12:00|
Časy uvedené v itineráři jsou orientační a můžou se lišit v závislosti na konkrétních podmínkách a situacích.
Click to show relevant prices. Displayed prices are for one person.
PREMIUM - A-Rosa Select all inclusive
snack in a departure day, buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners, beverage package - more than 100 kinds of quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (without superfine brands), confectionery, free using of majority facilities on board (e.g. saunas, fitness centre, etc.), animation programs, port and service charges, 15 % discount for SPA centre, WiFi, toilet articles, bath robe, bottle of water / person / day, welcome and goodbye gift, insurance of travel agency
Price does not include
facultative sight-seeing, extra services on board (e.g. massages), travel insurance, personal spending
Optional extra pay
extra pay for one-bed cabin 20 - 30 %
The languages on board our A-ROSA ALVA are English and German. Documents are available in English and our international hosts are on hand to give assistance.
- Spacious sun deck with relaxed atmosphere
- Heated outdoor pool
- Putting green
- Outdoor restaurant on the aft deck
- Panorama Lounge with bar and dance floor
- Casual dress code
- A-ROSA cruise in the booked cabin category; Select your favorite cabin and a specific cabin number (depending on availability)
- Full Board Plus: Delicious and well-balanced breakfast buffet, extensive lunch buffet and an excellent dinner buffet with regional and seasonal specialties, live-cooking à la minute, embarkations snack and tea and coffee hours. Many cruises also include seasonal extras such as sandwiches and midnight snacks.
- High quality drinks included all day long: Tea, coffee, tea and coffee specialties, soft drinks, beers and sparkling wine by the glass, open wines and daily specials from the wine menu by the glass, cocktails and long drinks and numerous spirits. Beverages are also included outside of meal times. Bottled mineral water in the cabin.
- Super-early and early booking discounts
- Free use of onboard amenities, e.g. sauna and fitness area
- 15% discount on SPA-ROSA treatments
- Welcome and farewell present
- Free WiFi
- Bathroom products and bathrobes in the cabin
- Entertainment programme
- Harbour duties
- Many other services